Subject: Re: Testing F2 user menu

Re: Testing F2 user menu

From: c0utta fish <c0utta_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 22:40:49 +1030

Hey Jörg,

Thanks for the acknowledgement but this pales in comparison to flashing
Rockbox and playing videos.

It's my aim to have this menu functionality included in Rockbox and I have
consulted with Björn and Linus about my work so far. Both have made some
suggestions that I have incorporated.

I have had to make major modifications to existing code and added a new
element to the menu_items structure. This means nearly every piece of
existing source has been touched by my hands. I keep synced with cvs every
day, but with so many changes it will take the senior developers long time
to accept my code.

I have loaded a new copy of http://members.dodo.net.au/~coutta/F2_Test.zip
with the ability to load cfg files (#define 54) so you can load your
configurations. Just add the full path to the cfg as the 4th parameter. I
also saved the quickscreen functionality because you said you liked it so
much.

Cheers,

c0utta

>From: "[IDC]Dragon" <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
>To: rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se
>Subject: Re: Testing F2 user menu
>Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 22:20:57 +0100 (MET)
>
> > Please let me know what you think, and whether I should proceed further.
>
>Haven't looked yet, just rushing out an acknowledgement:
>This will definitely be an improvement. I'm starting to use my box in the
>car, where I want to quickly change to a different .cfg and start a special
>plugin (my CD changer emulation). A very exotic scenario, but see how the
>configurability helps to even resolve that.
>
>How will you proceed about the sources? How may this get into Rockbox some
>day? I'd like to merge this to my custom build, will you maintain a
>mega-patch?
>
>Thanks a lot for your work,
>Jörg
>

>--
>+++ Mailpower für Multimedia-Begeisterte: http://www.gmx.net/topmail +++
>250 MB Mailbox, 1 GB Online-Festplatte, 100 FreeSMS. Jetzt kostenlos
>testen!

E-mail just got a whole lot better. New ninemsn Premium. Click here