Subject: Re: Battery charge problem with Rockbox in ROM on Archos Jukebox Recorder 20
From: Christopher Tomkins (
Date: 2004-02-02

If I hold the F1 key while plugging in the charger, it still doesn't manage to get to the charging
screen I'm afraid.

I'll try the reflash and let you know how I get on.

Incidentally a big thank you to everyone who works on Rockbox, it's fantastic!

--- "[IDC]Dragon" <> wrote: > > I'm not sure what exactly you mean by "full
reflash" - I installed Rockbox
> > 2.1 - presumably that should have fixed it?
> It doesn't matter what version of Rockbox you have "installed" (I guess you
> mean flashed by once having played the .ucl file).
> What needs to be updated is my bootloader, a part that is not touched by a
> "regular" ucl update. To change it, you need to do the same thing like with
> flashing for the very first time:
> - get firmware_rec.bin from my webspace, copy it in the root of your box
> - run the "firmware_flash.rock" plugin
> Once that is done you can again flash whatever .ucl you like.
> > Holding F1 results in seeing the beginnings of the original ROM bootup,
> > but then it powers off. I
> > know that the flash process worked okay though, as Rockbox 2.1 was working
> > fine until I let the batteries get completely flat :(
> I'm again not sure whether you use the charging screen or not. Plug the
> cable in while the box is _off_, alternatively holding F1 while doing so. This
> gets you into the charging-only mode, from eithe Rockbox or Archos.
> Jrg
> --
> +++ Mailpower fr Multimedia-Begeisterte: +++
> 250 MB Mailbox, 1 GB Online-Festplatte, 100 FreeSMS. Jetzt kostenlos testen!

Christopher Tomkins
Mobile: +44 07900 494652
Home: +44 020 78131275
Fax: +44 01342 811241

BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem offer, sign up online today and save 80