Subject: Re: *Panic* after recording - no my files are gone

Re: *Panic* after recording - no my files are gone

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 15:44:54 +0000

I have never actually used this myself, but a good friend swears by it:
"Ontrack Easyrecovery Filerepair Professional"

     DO *NOT* UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES
  PUT *ANY* NEW DATA OR RUN ANY DEFRAG UTIL
ON THE ARCHOS UNTIL THE OLD DATA IS RECOVERED

As a good tip also, if ever your computer or other device gives you an
error message to tell of a problem PLEASE write down the exact error
message so the engineer can translate it for you.

If your drive was not too fragmented your chances of an easy recovery are
very high.