Subject: Re: incompatible version when flashing FM

Re: incompatible version when flashing FM

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 09:39:26 +0100

Björn Stenberg wrote:
> Chuck Urwiler wrote:
>
>>Ah, that did the trick. Is this info in the archives and I missed it?
>

> It is now. ;-)
>
> We should add this to a suitable web page too.

The suitable web page has had this for quite a while.

 From chapter 6 in the "Rockbox in Flash" web page
(http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/flash.html):

"# It may happen that you get an "Incompatible Version" error, if the
  plugin interface has changed meanwhile. You're running an "old" copy of
  Rockbox, but are trying to execute a newer plugin, the one you just
  downloaded. The easiest solution is to rolo into this new version, by
  playing the ajbrec.ajz file. Then you are consistant and can play
  rockbox.ucl."

RTFM :-)

Linus