Subject: Re: Let it warm up
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-02-04

> > So here the Long-Long-Timetest:
> - at 10°C the frame-rate is 69,995
> - after doing a defrag about 2 Hours the frame-rate
> goes down to 60,514 Hz and the Jukebox is pretty warm.

Thanks for the comprehensive test. It's about the same range as my box.
Yesterday I made an Exel sheets with the survey feedback until then. Only a few
really warmed up boxes in there.
Anyway, I have now picked 67 Hz as the default rate for the material I
encoded. Everybody is free to pick his rate for encoding on your own.
For video-only material or stills, I want to have a tuning option in the
player, and a configuration entry. So you can trim it as you like. Maybe
starting the video plugin directly, with no file, should make it behave like the fps
tool, plus a way to save the rate.
If audio is contained, this is not possible, you have to live with the
encoded frame rate.

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ +++