Subject: Where Can I Download rockbox.ucl?

Where Can I Download rockbox.ucl?

From: <fil_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 13:16:20 -0600

First of all, thanks to all involved in Rockbox. I've been using it for about a year. At some point last year, I tried the flashed version, and I love it. I installed version 2.1, and now I'd like to flash it, but I'm having trouble understanding the directions in the user's manual. It says, "Normally, you'll simply download or compile rockbox.ucl." My first question is, where can I download rockbox.ucl? I can't seem to find it anywhere.

So I tried following the directions to descramble ajbrec.ajz, but they weren't very specific. I'm using Windows XP and the FM Recorder, so I downloaded flash_fm.zip and unzipped it, then in Windows, went to Start -> Run, navigated to the folder where I unzipped descramble.exe, then typed in "descramble -fm ajbrec.ajz rockbox.bin", and I got the following error message:

Windows can not find 'C:\Documents and Settings\MyName\My Documents\My Download Files\flash_fm\FM\tools\win32\descramble -fm ajbrec.ajz rockbox.bin'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. [etc.]

What am I doing wrong? I looked through the FAQ, the flash page, and over two months worth of mailing list archives, and I couldn't find the answer to either of these two questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

  - FiL