Subject: Re: *Panic* after recording - no my files are gone
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-02-04

> How can I flash my Rockbox without writing to disc?
> While I try to rescue my drive I have USB-connection errors (Panic ATA
> -71 screen), due to the current flash-rockbox version IMHO.
> Is there a way to switch to another RB-Version without writing to my
> disk (what would be very unhelpful when trying to rescue files)?

Reflashing without disk would require a serial connection, but maybe
something else helps (remember you have 2 softwares in flash):
- have the boy powered off
- plug in USB
- hold F1 and
- press On
-> this should give you the Archos USB screen, maybe it behaves different.

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ +++