Subject: Re: Firmware for AV300 Series
From: Joseph Jones (
Date: 2004-02-05

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
>>Avos primary aim is to port Linux to the AV/MM units.
> Is it?
> Oh no, not just another "let's port Linux on anything where in doesn't
> belong" attempts. So far I was thinking they want to do something useful.
> Like, a swift lightweight system that does the job of a gadget.
>>I hope to use the
>>hardware information gathered by the Avos team to make Rockbox run on
> these
>>players. For this purpose, I have bought an AV340.
> Well, I hope my AJBRec lasts on me, mp3s stay in fashion, and larger 2.5"
> disks with parallel interfaces, too. The AV3xx is nice, but I can't bear
> another project.
> Jörg

Same here. I'd like an AV3xx someday, but for the next couple years at
least, I think I'll be happy with my JBR20, especially if we get video
and sound together soon (hint hint) ;)

Also, I wanna learn c and get some programming done on the JBR before I
get an AV3xx. I wanna see what can be achieved with the hardware.