Subject: Re: Firmware for AV300 Series
From: Jimmy Moore (jimmy_at_axod.net)
Date: 2004-02-05

Hi,
    One of the aims of avos is to port linux to the av300/av100/jbmm
machines. Then we can port mame, mplayer, mencoder, mozilla, evolution,
etc etc
    On my 'pie in the sky' fantasy about browsing the web on my av300
using a compact flash 802.11b card, I can now read and write compact
flash cards, so it shouldn't be that long before I can get it connected
:) (Err I'll have to buy a card first though). I have a PDA keyboard
working, so first app will prolly be telnet (After I've written the card
driver and tcp/ip stack).
    As well as porting linux though, I want to write a new O/S from
scratch which will be highly optimised for maximum performance. I want
to squeeze everything out of the hardware I can, so I'm going to work on
a new O/S for it.
    At the moment though, most of the work is reverse engineering the
hardware, and building up libraries of routines that people can use to
program whatever they want.
    We released libavos, with which anyone can write games or other apps
in c. It has routines to do anything with the screen, and routines to
get button input (And a few other routines).

                                        DoGgEr

http://avos.sf.net

--
Jimmy Moore <jimmy_at_axod.net>