Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: audio/video player released, authoring tools
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-02-06

> >> Erm, I hope I'm not too late, but, when I checked out the preview just
> >> now, every time, Doom3 got a video and audio overrun at about
> "something
> >> terrible". My Adema - The Way You Like It video that I did with the old
> >> tools got a video overrun after about the same amount of time :(
> >
> > OK, that means your disk is considerably slower with spinup than mine.
> Have
> > to give it some more margin, and/or publish the spinup time determined
> by
> the
> > ATA driver across the plugin API to use it.
> >
> > If you can compile the plugin, you can change the SPINUP define, else
> you
> > have to wait for me to fix it.
> Setting "disk poweroff" to off solved this problem for me.
> .../Henrik

I see, with disk poweroff my box has an underrun, too.
What values for disk spinup do you guys get for either option? Can be viewed
under Info->Debug->View Disk Info, cycling through the values with
left/right til you see Spinup Time.
I get about 1700 ms without poweroff and 2460 with, some variance, try a
couple of times. The low watermark of the A/V player is currently defined to
2500 ms.

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ +++