Subject: Windoze 'Scandisk' errors
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2004-02-06

Hi,

After my PC crashed during a copy to my archos last night, I ran the
Windoze '98se "error checking" utility (right clik drive -> Properties ->
Tools -> Error check (aka ScanDisk))

Scandisk found & fixed the lost chain nicely, ...but in the process I
noticed a long string of complaints about long filenames :(

Example:
The 'M:\_Comedy\_Stand Up\Carlin, George' folder contains
incorrect information about the file or folder whose MS-DOS name is
'_ALBUMSB.34C'

The file of folder's long name ('_Albums.bmark') is either stored
incorrectly on your disk or is incorrectly associated with
'_ALBUMSB.34C'. ScanDisk repairs the error by storing the name in
the correct format or by deleting the long name. If ScanDisk deletes
the long name, you will still be able to access the file or folder by using
the name '_ALBUMSB.34C'

[] Repair
[] Ignore

fyi: There is a directory off root called "_Albums"

...again with:
'PLAYLIST.57A' and '.playlst_control' in /.rockbox
'MOST-REC.01C' and 'most-recent.bmark' in /.rockbox
<and (afaict) all other bmark's>
etc.

It seems that all bookmark files have corrupt filenames!

Hope that's all helpful ...please ask if more info is required ...I have
"ignore"d the errors, so the 'problems' are still there to play with :)

BC