Subject: Re: Windoze 'Scandisk' errors

Re: Windoze 'Scandisk' errors

From: Touillaud Nicolas <Nicolas.Touillaud_at_fr.thalesgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:26:43 +0100

IMHO, win98' scandisk is a slow and rather dangerous piece of software...
If all the errors are on the archos, I suggest downloading a well-rated
freeware disk utility at www.snapfiles.com (formerly webattack) or a time
limited evaluation version of norton disk doctor (I haven't used norton
utilities for a while, but at the time it was great under win98se).

If the errors are on the pc, just try not to write on the same partition :)
iirc things like "utlimate boot disk" can help (it's a linux mini distrib,
booting from the cd it has been burnt to, no hdd installation necessary) but
I'm not sure it can do that sort of repair (the web site describe the
functionnalities, but I can only access mails for the time being).

It's not really helpfull I'm afraid.

Nicolas