Subject: audio/video player - a hint and a question
From: Uwe Freese (
Date: 2004-02-06

Hello [IDC]Dragon,

ID> I've now committed a first version into cvs. It's in the bleeding edge build
ID> now, in the daily from tomorrow on. It's a bit better than the sneak
ID> preview:

Very nice. I've added an unsharp mask filter with "strong" settings
(diameter 5, Strength 100) in VirtualDub before creating my own
Futurama video. Now it looks even better. :)

And now two questions:

- Why is the video "pumping" 3 times (?) per second?
  It looks like the image is getting noise pixels instantly that are
  going away some frames later.
- Why do you suggest to create a 67 fps video? I thought the human eye
  can only distinguish ~ 20 fps? (Hm, maybe I should test this...)

Bye, Uwe.