Subject: RE: voice recording on jukebox recorder 20

RE: voice recording on jukebox recorder 20

From: Fred Maxwell <rockbox_at_anti-spam.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2004 07:22:14 -0500

Scott wrote:

> also, the 'R' is for 'read,' meaning you should actually _read_ through it
> (as opposed to
> searching for a word and giving up), as it contains lots of useful info
> and i'm assuming you're
> fairly new to rockbox.

The 'F***ing Manual' (as you so politely referred to it with your "RTFM")
for Rockbox is 68 pages long. I can understand why someone might not have
time to read it from beginning to end prior to asking a question on this
list.

I have been on many mailing lists over the years and this one may be the
most consistently hostile one. Did you ever consider welcoming a new member
rather than telling him to "RTFM" in response to his first posting? You
could also have just as easily written something like:

"Use the F1 button to open the main menu and then select 'Recording.' For
more information on recording, see the Rockbox manual at
http://rockbox.haxx.se/manual/manual.pdf. Hope this helps."

Could we try to be a little more pleasant -- especially with those new to
Rockbox?

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell