Subject: Re: Serial connection and Rockbox?

Re: Serial connection and Rockbox?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 21:38:26 +0100

Joseph Jones wrote:

> 1. Does the JBR require any internal modification to have a serial port?
> Am I correct in saying that there is a serial line on a 4th pin on the
> Line-In?

There is a serial port input on the 4th ring on the Ear Out jack on the
Studio and on the JBR, but not on the FMR or V2. This input goes to the
internal UART on the CPU, capable of RS232 communication on 38400
(Studio) and 115200 (Recorder) bps.

However, this pin can also be configured as a general purpose output
pin, making it possible to transmit as well, by fiddling the bits "by hand".

If you want full duplex serial I/O you have to open up your unit and
reroute a wire or two.

Linus