Subject: Extremely low audio (all of a sudden) w/Rockbox 2.1
From: Brian G. (
Date: 2004-02-12

Hello all. I'm still kind of new to flashing the Archos Jukebox FM
Recorder - but I must say that your product kicks much ass!! Archos
could only dream of releasing their product with software so good.
My only problem is this- I have been using 2.1 for at least a week, and
the other night I put on the headphones and I couldn't hear anything. My
unit isn't very old at all, and I haven't really started to use it a lot
until recently. It is also well taken care of with no abuse whatsoever.
It seems as if the only way I could hear the music would be to turn the
volume up to at least 70 or 80, when before I could hear it at a much
more "normal" level. So I have reverted to the Archos 1.30j firmware,
and remember how much it sucks.
Does anyone have advice? I tried different headphones, etc. and still
the same. I want my Rockbox back, and I need to get it working again!!
Hope someone can help.
Thank you in advance.
Brian G.