Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-02-12

> Now I have to look at an alpine front end... Is it compatible with other

other what?
There are some OEM radios with MBus, see my original posting.

> What about the protocol itself? can you display names on the frontend?

Not on my radio, I'm very sorry about this.

> What actions are sent to the archos?

Currently none, but I'll work on this. I'm hesistant right now because I'm
not sure on which way is minimum intrusive to Rockbox.

> do you have an url explaining this?

About MBus, yes:

> A remote plugin api could be great...

I agree, but the use case is so exotic that we'd have a hard time to
convince "the officials".
An idea would be something like a compile-time option (doesn't have to be a
runtime plugin) to replace the cable remote with my M-Bus or infrared remote.
Other people are working on VW radio adaptation, a serial keyboard or
networking was also an idea. Lots of things to abuse the remote pin.

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ +++