Subject: Dead archos
From: Matthew Daubenspeck (
Date: 2004-02-12

I tried turning on my Archos last night, and for the most part, it's
dead. If I turn it on without the power connected, it just locks at
the Loading Firmware screen. If I start it without the power, it
turns on, the screen light dims, and then the unit shuts off completely.

Otherwise, when the power was connected, the unit was making a terrble
clicking/grinding nose. I am assuming the drive is dead.

Any ideas on a specific drive I should use to replace it? With newer
20GB models selling so cheap, it might be better off to just buy a

Thanks in advance.

  Matthew Daubenspeck

09:07:51 up 37 days, 24 min, 1 user, load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00 _______________________________________________