Subject: Re: Recording and line-in
Date: 2004-02-12

Really not so straighforward to make GOOD recordings. It's what audio
engineers do for a living.

It depends on the type of sound you are recording. Music, spoken word? Is
stereo important? Then we get into mic placement.

Depending on choice of mic type you will need a pre-amp and possibly a
power supply.

You can have it good, easy, or cheap; Pick one.