Subject: Re: File system corruption

Re: File system corruption

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:25:53 +0100

blaou wrote:
> To me it happened after I hit the "stop" button when finished recording.
> I had a *panic* screen but didn't write down the number.
> When trying to access the box under Windows and the disconnecting it, I
> had
> *panic*
> ata: -71

Well, this is not the kind of disk corruption I'm thinking of. The
corruption happened because the file system wasn't updated to disk
because of the failing ATA communication.

I'm looking for "spontaneous" corruptions that people claim to have
experienced. Like "I installed a daily build, and now I get lots of
scandisk errors", or "Entry x in sector y is not free".

Linus