Subject: Re: File system corruption

Re: File system corruption

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:10:09 +0100

[IDC]Dragon wrote:
> Why this happens is a mystery to me, how can I read from the ATA register
> too fast? I'd say the waitstates are not OK if such can happen.

I agree. We should probably try to increase the number of wait states as
a test.

However, I have run some extensive tests with both versions of the ATA
code (the one Kargatron had problems with and the latest one), using two
threads, reading and writing like mad. I have not been able to corrupt
the disk...

Linus