Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)

Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)

From: jobarjo <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 14:50:43 +0100

Wow you did reverse engineered the protocol by yourself! Good job!

Just another silly question: Where did you find the 8 pin DIN connector?

I now have to look around for a compatible cd changer, the 4 pin jack and
the DIN...

Hope I can find a still compatible changer. Do you think that any 8 pin DIN
connector will be M-Bus compatible?

I dont think the remote api is so exotic. As you said, lot of people is
looking for remote controlling the archos. There are lot of ways of
controling the archos.

As for the universal remote control, the principle is to mesure the time
distance between logical switches with an interrupt and a timer. It is then
easy to convert these distances to values according to the protocol.

This kind of universal remote pin api would work for most infrared, and the
alpine.

The interrupt handler would call remote pin handlers which would act
directly to the playing engine (and also send responses in this case)

One would be able to switch between remote handlers through the menu...

I haven't tweaked rockbox yet, but would be glad to help when I have the
hardware...