Subject: RE: File system corruption
From: Pedro Clemente (PMC.NewsLetters_at_netcabo.pt)
Date: 2004-02-13

Ok, i formatted the disk, downloaded the latest build, and copied over
some mp3 files.

So it went like this:

Upon starting the box, i get: "Error accessing playlist control file"
I played some mp3 files from "c:\mp3", all went well.
Skimmed a few to make sure the control file would get saved, and then
stopped playing.
I then browsed to the root, and back to "c:\mp3". I played a file, the
last of the folder (only 4 files there) and i get:
*PANIC*
Dir entry 1 in sec
tor 0 is not free!
 2E 2E 20 20
I turned the box off.
Restarted.
"Error accessing playlist control file" again
My .rockbox folder is now empty!
I browse to and play some mp3, and there comes panic again!
turn off, usb on, scandisk in windows w/ auto repair fs errors:
i get a 16kb .rockbox file with something like this inside:

 lM0M0 lM0 ..  lM0M0 lM0 ROCKBOX UCL
lM0M0 0M0  SOKOBAN 0lM0M0 lM0
     ROCKS 0*lM0M0 lM0 LANGS 0.lM0M0 lM0)
FONTS 0@lM0M0 lM0A DOCS 0lM0M0 lM0k Bt r o l
 q . p l a y  ql i s t _ c o n PLAYLIST57A
'mM0M0 QmM0-

and a found.000 folder with 101 files named FILE00??.CHK which after
trying to read the contents, i identify as being the files from the
rockbox folder.

I then repeated everything i already did, but instead of playing the
.ajz, i flashed the box before playing any mp3.
Same results.

I'm at a loss!

Again, if there is any other test i can do, or information i could tell
you, please just let me know.

BTW, i'm using a standard 20 gb recorder, with blue bumpers, flashable.
Never did any hardware mod, only flashed the box a few times, ever since
around version 2.0.
I now flash every now and then the latest daily builds.

Thanks for the time taken reading this.

Pedro Clemente