Subject: RE: File system corruption
From: Pedro Clemente (
Date: 2004-02-13

> OK. Which OS did you use when you formatted it? Which parameters
(cluster size etc)?

Windows XP Professional SP1, FAT32, Default allocation size, the only
one i can select from windows format utility...

> I can't make this happen on my box...sigh!

I don't know if i should be happy for you not having the problem, or sad
because the problem only happens to me...

It must be something on this side...

But does the FAT32 formatting change from OS to OS?

If it does, i can try to format it somewhere else.

Here at work i only have XP machines, only the servers are W2K which i
cannot use for this...
I have a Windows 98 box at home sitting in a corner. I'll try fo format
it there and see if anything changes.

Other than that, any other sugestions?

Pedro Clemente