Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)

Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)

From: jobarjo <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 18:34:02 +0100

> No, unfortunately the pin is not interrupt-capable. And this is where the
> nice general concept collapses, sorry.

Too BAD! ;-(

I've read your source. Lucky that MBus encoding have fixed length bits.
For the sony s-link it uses variable length pulses:

http://www.undeadscientist.com/slink/encoding.html

might still be possible to hack with the uart. But the BIG problem is that
there is an uncertainty on the last bit value for each byte received. So it
does not seems easily feasible.

I dont like polling also.

I will think about a solution.... or find an alpine cd pilot...

Is it possible to program a 600us timer interrupt to sample the pin after
the first falling edge?