Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-02-14

> car radios use a protocol called unilink which needs 2
> or 3 pins:
> - a clock
> - a bidir data
> - a reset signal (optional?)

Ah, I warned you. ;)

> one other solution is to have a microcontroller
> interfacing: only low level byte conversion from
> synchronous to remote pin. There should be no
> additional component around the pic (except power
> supply and maybe a quartz) There is a gpl design on
> the net doing the interface:

I've seen that before, yes.
If it's multiple pins, you best use a PIC/Atmel/whatever controller to
convert this to a half duplex RS232 the Archos can handle. I was prepared to do
that for my M-Bus, but turned out easier. My friends are doing this for a VW

> Too bad, I found a sony head changer at 105 euros.

You already got that?

jetzt 3 Monate GRATIS + 3x DER SPIEGEL +++ +++