Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)

Re: ANNOUNCE: Rockbox emulates M-Bus car CD changer (Alpine and OEM)

From: jobarjo <jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 17:45:26 +0100 (CET)

> do you have any info on how to PIC a vw (beetle)
non
> monsoon?

No I have no info. look at there...

http://www.mictronics.de/?page=cdc_proto

> > > Too bad, I found a sony head changer at 105
> euros.
> >
> > You already got that?

I have a pionner cd player with no line in. I want to
change with one having a line in. Now I would like
that the car radio directly pilot the archos.

The alpine heads are expensive, and the retailer near
my home told me that they dont sell the cable alone
without a bill proving that I own an alpine cd
changer.
Do you know where i can find a M bus 8-pin din
connector? is it a standard one?

Alpine M-bus connector name is now called versatile
M-link. I think that it is compatible with M-bus
protocol you are using but i'm not sure. Could you
confirm? Ai-net is used on higher end alpine heads and
seems not compatible.

I havent asked yet about sony, which cable is still
more complicated than alpine's.

Even if it is more complicated, I have a small
preference for sony unilink which can display song and
disc names on the head unit.

The GNUnilink design (a simple pic16f84) can directly
emulate a standard archos remote control only by
changing the codes to be transmited. Some firmware
work is needed to display names and timing.

What head unit do you think I should buy?

Thanks