Subject: MP3 Tools
From: BlueChip (cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net)
Date: 2004-02-15

It took me about 30mins last night to work out that the Utilities Download
area is buried in the Documentation links on our site - would it be a good
idea to move it to the Download section, or maybe even add a new entry to
the left menu?

Also ...Without downloading and trying all the synch utils - I wonder if
anyone knows about a feature I would find useful...?

I often edit the MP3 tags (add v2 genres; ratings; artwork; urls)
The thing is that (1) Due to Tag Padding the filesize will not change and
(2) Only the first or last few K will have changed - So, a full binary
compare takes an age of Sundays and is not required.

Do any of the Windoze synch utils check ONLY the Beginning and End of the
MP3 data?

Thanks in advance,

BC