Subject: RE: File system corruption
From: Pedro Clemente (PMC.NewsLetters_at_netcabo.pt)
Date: 2004-02-16

Linus, I tried the build you sent me, but it still has problems :(

If DOES change the way it happens, but...

I ROLO'ed the build, and then proceeded to play some songs.
I then stopped the play and bwosed my way to the .rockbox folder. It was
intact.
Played some songs again, skimmed a bit, another stop, and still the
.rockbox folder was ok.
After getting here, and seeing that the .rockbox folder looked ok, i
went usb and saw everything ok still. But after running a checkdisk, i
got the same results as before, a recovered .rockbox folder and lots of
.chk files...

I have the latest build (with the optimizations removed, and the changes
to the disk info screen) flashed in, so, when i boot, it's that version
i get.
And the one you gave me in the root of the drive.

I tryed it a little more and got to this conclusion:

If i go:

Boot -> Latest build -> Play -> Stop -> ROLO: Test Build -> Play -> Stop
-> Shutdown

and keep repeating it, everything is ok. So it seems as if the non
optimized build 'cleans' whatever problem the optimized one generates.

But if i play using the test build twice in a row:

Boot -> ROLO: Test Build -> Play -> Stop -> Play

I get that *PANIC* message, immediatly!

I'm more confused than before, and i truly hope that this makes more
sense to you, than it does to me!

Pedro Clemente