Subject: Re: Video plugin and tools problems/limitations

Re: Video plugin and tools problems/limitations

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:32:09 +0100 (MET)

> I'm kind of in the middle of writing a Windows GUI for all the tools that
> pretty much just runs the command lines for you(ie you type in the input
> file
> and an output location and it outputs a rvf with sound by running each
> tool).
> Should I bother finishing this, since you're making the other tool?

Depends on the remaining effort, I'd say. Is the GUI portable to Linux
maybe? This would be an advantage.
My all-in-one converter will take some more time, I think. Currently I can
spend only little effort on it. The technical issues are solved, it extracts
the video and scales it down, dumps the audio. Now the video needs to be
halftoned and the streams need to be muxed on the fly, not offline as before. And
finally I will need an application around the code, maybe you can design
yours with that in mind.

Thanks for contributing,
Jörg