Subject: RE: New Recorder v2 (non-FM) vs. older JB
From: Mike Holden (
Date: 2004-02-17

Dennis Lui said:
> i just bought one of these from amazon as well, and although it seemed
> like a good move at the time, the battery issue is beginning to concern
> me. i read the battery FAQ, and it didn't really go into quality of the
> Li-ION battery of the V2 recorder. so, basically, my questions is this:
> will i be able to consistently get 6+ hours of play, if i follow the
> formula set forth in the FAQ (charge the device with deep discharge off
> and trickle charge on)??

Trickle charge and deep discharge options do not exist on v2 or FMR
models, as the hardware does the charging, not the software. You should
easily be able to get well in excess of 6 hours playback from the unit, as
battery life is at least comparable with the nimh batteries in the older
models, and probably better.

Mike Holden

Rockbox page: