Subject: Re: VBR Mp3s created by the recorder
From: Henry Mitchell (hmitchell_at_fastmail.fm)
Date: 2004-02-17

I guess this has been a problem for a while? Anyway, how do you fix it
with Rockbox? I have an FMR with 2.1 flashed. Is it a plugin of some
sort that I don't see?

I tried VBRFix which did fix the FF/RW seek problems, but the file seems
to stop playing at random points very frequently now. If I pause/play,
it resumes, but it's annoying. Also, the VBRFix'd file only works on
Rockbox, the seek issue is even worse when I play the file on my PC's
player (QCD).

Is the creation of a bad VBR file a bug in Rockbox or beyond its
controls (i.e., hardware related)? It would certainly be easier to not
have to fix the file in the first place. If I can understand why the
file is messed up, maybe that would help.

Thanks.