Subject: Re(2): VBR Mp3s created by the recorder
From: Mat Holton (
Date: 2004-02-17

>When recording, Rockbox is unable to update the Xing header with the
>seek point table (the TOC). Therefore it generates a Xing header
>containing the length, size etc, but without a TOC. The TOC can be added
>using the "Update VBR file" in the ON+Play menu, or with a PC tool, for
>example VBRFix.

Why can't rockbox update the VBR file when the user presses stop? If this takes too much time, can't a list of
recently recorded files be cached and then all files updated when leaving the recording screen?

"Life's just a mood ring we're not allowed to see."

 They Might Be Giants.

Surface Inspection Ltd