Subject: Re: Is it Possible to Randomly Play across all directories and/or subdirectories?

Re: Is it Possible to Randomly Play across all directories and/or subdirectories?

From: Jon Drukman <jsd_at_cluttered.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:43:44 -0800

At 09:42 PM 2/13/2004, James McNiff wrote:
>I have installed the latest Rockbox (way cool) on my Archos. Is there a way
>to randomly shuffle play across the entire contents of the disk (instead of
>only within a directory) like you can with the IPOD?
>
>If the only way to do so is to use a playlist, can you point me to a good
>resource that explains how to make that happen?

here's what i do:

connect archos to PC
run winamp (version 5)
open "my computer"
drag archos drive letter to winamp playlist
in winamp's playlist window, hit ctrl-s (save playlist)
save file to archos drive as "all.m3u"

you can do the same thing entirely within rockbox itself by using the "add
recursively to playlist" option but for some reason it takes several
minutes to do it that way, whereas it only takes a few seconds to do it
from winamp. also, if you are like me and have several directories of
music at the top level of the jukebox disk, you can't add them to a
playlist in one operation.

-jsd-