Subject: Re: Video plugin and tools problems/limitations
From: John Wunder (john.wunder02_at_stjohns.edu)
Date: 2004-02-18

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 10:32:09 +0100 (MET), [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
wrote:

> Depends on the remaining effort, I'd say. Is the GUI portable to Linux
> maybe? This would be an advantage.
> My all-in-one converter will take some more time, I think. Currently I
> can
> spend only little effort on it. The technical issues are solved, it
> extracts
> the video and scales it down, dumps the audio. Now the video needs to be
> halftoned and the streams need to be muxed on the fly, not offline as
> before. And
> finally I will need an application around the code, maybe you can design
> yours with that in mind.
>
> Thanks for contributing,
> Jörg

No, unfortunatly I wrote it in MFC and C++, cause I wanted it to be quick
and easy.
I figured it would be mainly for people uncomfortable with the command
line...mainly Windows users. Linux users are overall much more likely
to be able to do the command line stuff. I have absolutly no experience
programming for Linux. It's actually almost done, so I could just finish
it in the next couple days as a temporary solution. That's probably what
I'll do, I already put all the work in, I might as well finish it. Oh,
and thanks for writing the whole rockbox code, it makes my archos actually
usable.

John