Subject: Re: Video Pause
From: Joseph Jones (joe_at_bumpycarrot.cjb.net)
Date: 2004-02-18

BlueChip wrote:
> Just a thought....
>
> When we hit pause, the display shows the current "frame" - which is
> essentially just a bunch of random dots - I appreciate why this happens
> ...Would it possible during "pause" to loop through the frames currently
> in RAM and thus generate a viewable frame ...I understand that it would
> not be perfect, but it seems like a reasonable idea at a first look.

This is just me, but it occurs to me that the best way would be to have
an optional part of the file, that kinda... holds frames.

Not having looked at the file format at all, I'm only stabbing in the
dark here, but you could say "well, this slection of blitted frames
produces this source frame", so that the image created by the eye
doesn't move when those frames are looped.

That might not make sense...

Joe