Subject: Video Converter Windows GUI

Video Converter Windows GUI

From: John Wunder <john.wunder02_at_stjohns.edu>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 23:26:56 -0500

Hey all,

I finished a simple Windows GUI that'll run the programs for you so you
don't
have to go to the command line.

Stuff you need to know:
First, you gotta download the toolkit from here:
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/video/

AND Lame MP3 encoder from here:
http://www.mp3-tech.org/
(click encoders on the left panel, then click Windows...then LAME,
obviously).

You can only use LAME, because that's what I wrote the command line for.

Second, when you run the program, click settings and choose the locations
of the
tools(and LAME). Then you can run it. It stores these in ConfigInfo.ini
in the
same directory as the program, because I didn't want to use the registry
and did
want to save the locations. This way, just delete the three files(Rock
Video.exe,
ConfigInfo.ini, and ReadMe.txt) instead of a long uninstall and this
disaster of
a program is gone forever.

Third, as of now, the videos have to be the correct format and size. If
they aren't,
I try to catch it, but I can't always. If you get screechy audio, that
means
avi2wav extracted an mp3 from the avi instead of a PCM wav. Uncompress
the audio AND
video in the original AVI first.

That's all I can think of for now.

Eventually, I want to use that AviSynth thing to resize it(easy...almost
done already)
and figure out how to decide if avi2wav exported an mp3 or a wav. Avi2wav
SAYS it's
exporting a WAV all the time, even if LAME tells me it's obviously an
MP3. All it does
is extract the audio, apparently. Doesn't care what format it is.

Download it here:
http://home.ripway.com/2004-2/66978/RockVideoRelease.zip

(sorry for the cut and pastes but I'd rather not send e-mail with html)

Oh yeah, I'd appreciate any ideas on the avi2wav problem.

John