Subject: RE: Windoze 98se & Slow USB 2.0

RE: Windoze 98se & Slow USB 2.0

From: Touillaud Nicolas <Nicolas.Touillaud_at_fr.thalesgroup.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 10:04:04 +0100

a possible reason for full speed:
some USB2 adaptors can't handle full and high speed at the same time, i.e.
the slower usb device atached set the maximum speed. the problem is hardware
related...
A friend of mine had this problem using the built-in usb controler of its
sony vaio, he just
unplugged the mouse, re-plug it's 2.0 external drive and shazzam ! High
speed !

Hope it helps

Nicolas