Subject: Re: flashing recorder v2

Re: flashing recorder v2

From: David Litchman <Davel23_at_rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 07:48:52 -0500
At 08:09 PM 2/18/2004 -0800, you wrote:
--- David Litchman <Davel23_at_rcn.com> wrote:
Ok.  Should I then flash to the daily build, or to2.1?  Is it even possible to flash to a
different version of thefirmware other than the one that's currently loaded?  2.1 works justfine
for me, and I'd prefer stability over having the latest andgreatest.

if you get a wrong plugin error with 2.1, download a daily build and flash with that. after you've
done the initial flash you can run 2.1 by playing the 2.1 .ucl file.

Ok, now I'm confused.  I downloaded the latest daily build, wrote the files to my Archos (overwriting the 2.1 ajbrec.ajz file) and rebooted it.  I ended up in what was clearly the newer version of Rockbox, as a number of the menus and options were different.  I ran the firmware_flash plugin which ran successfully, and rebooted once more.  Rockbox came up almost instantly which is great, but upon a bit of usage, it seems to have been flashed to version 2.1, all the menus and options are back to the way they were when I loaded 2.1 from the HD.  Shouldn't it have flashed to whatever version the daily build was?  I mean, this was what I was looking to do in the first place (though some of the daily build features looked pretty cool) I'm just a bit confused as to why it worked like I wanted it to rather than how I thought it would. :)

P.S.  Thanks for your patience, and sorry if I seem to be a bit thick...