Subject: Re: Video Converter Windows GUI
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-02-19

Thanks for the tool!

I haven't tested it yet, just some quick comments:

> If you get screechy audio, that means
> avi2wav extracted an mp3 from the avi instead of a PCM wav. Uncompress
> the audio AND video in the original AVI first.

That's actually good if we get mp3, can we use it directly then? Or is it
wrapped in a WAV container?
Why recompress?

I think the avi can as well have compressed video, as long as the size is
OK. Use some mild compression which does not generate significant artefacts,
saves a lot of space.

AVItoYUV will uncompress it anyway...

Jörg