Subject: Re: Video Converter Windows GUI

Re: Video Converter Windows GUI

From: John Wunder <john.wunder02_at_stjohns.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:10:21 -0500

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:29:49 +0100, Uwe Freese <mail_at_uwe-freese.de> wrote:

> You could use VirtualDub to resize the video. Use a script like this:

That's probably what I'll do. I found a simple AviSynth command to
resize it, tested it, and it worked. That should be in the program
maybe by tonight or tomorrow(same location). It'll obviously be an
option. avitoyuv reads the script files so using AviSynth as a frameserver
works perfectly. It'll be an option to use the straight resize though
and I'll add .avs as a filetype so you can write your own scripts and
run it from there.

> JW> and figure out how to decide if avi2wav exported an mp3 or a wav.
> Avi2wav
> JW> SAYS it's
>
> Read the first Bytes. If the file starts with "RIFF", it's w WAV. You
> can use StripHdr.exe (command line prog) from WinDac to strip off the
> wav header, or do it yourself in with your GUI program (WAV header is
> 48(?) bytes).

Thank you! I was totally at a loss cause I know nothing about video and
audio editing. I'll probably try to read it myself just to keep from using
another outside utility.

John