Subject: Re: Battery FAQ #12

Re: Battery FAQ #12

From: Joris van den Heuvel <joris.bass_at_planet.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 20:38:01 +0100

>I am trying to figure out if a spare battery pack (12 V 17.2AH )
>will have enough power to charge my Archos for 3 weeks (Grand Canyon trip).
>Bubba

Isn't there a lot of sun in the Grand Canyon? If you have a Jukebox
recorder, I'd like to suggest to use a solar battery charger to charge
during day camping, or with the solar panel exposed on your backpack. Stash
a few sets of batteries, just in case. Or use a 12V solar panel to power the
Archos directly.