Subject: Re: Configurable F1 menu

Re: Configurable F1 menu

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:11:37 +0100

c0utta fish wrote:
> I see requests for a configurable F1 menu on the mailing list, and I was
> wondering whether this is something we want to pursue in Rockbox. As I’m
> working on the F2 menu I have added functions to menu.c that would make
> this a reality.
>
> We could have a default menu layout defined in a file in \.rockbox. If you
> wanted to change the menu structure, then you’d need to edit the file in a
> text editor (and follow some very simple rules for layout).
>
> To the core development team - is this something you’d like to pursue ?
> Would this assist in saving memory ?

Actually, it would waste memory. Most extra configurability does that.

I haven't really seen any requests for configurable F1 menu. What I've seen is some people wanting some functions easily reachable in a configurable quick-access screen/menu. And this is precisely what F2 is intended to solve in the NEWKEYS document:

  http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-08/0584.shtml

--
Björn