Subject: Re: Experiencing problems with the RVF GUI tool and the MFC library (Visual C++?)

Re: Experiencing problems with the RVF GUI tool and the MFC library (Visual C++?)

From: John Wunder <john.wunder02_at_stjohns.edu>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:42:54 -0500

> That works like a charm for me :)

Haha, good. It should be a whole lot easier.

Thanks for the heads up about the MFC runtimes by the way,
I never would have caught that myself.

> So, how good is the resizing? Will it keep a vid's proportions right? As
> in, if I put in a wide-screen video, will it put bars at the top and
> bottom, or will it stretch the top and bottom upwards?

That's a good question. It uses the Lanczos Resize from AVISynth, which
as far as I know stretches it. Really though, I don't know. If you want
to have bars one of the other resizes probably does and it's incredibly
easy to write your own scripts. Just write the script, don't check
resize,
and extract without sound. Unfortunatly, right now you can't extract sound
if you use a custom script. Eventually you will, but for now you have to
mix the sound yourself. If anyone can think of a better resize script to
use, it's like 2 lines of code that I can change.