Subject: Editing files recorded on AJBR20
From: Karl Tinsley (karltinsly_at_msn.com)
Date: 2004-02-23

Hi all,
I use my AJBR20 to record band rehearsals and open mic shows I play at. I
had hoped to be able to cut/trim the 2-3 hour long recordings into smaller,
single song files using SoundForge or Cakewalk Pyro. Unfortunately, I can't
get either of those programs to open the files. I have tried several methods
of fixing the VBR headers, including doing it on the Archos and also on the
PC with VBRFix, MP3studio, and others.
Am I missing some setting on the Archos that lets you make editable
recordings? Using other MP3 trimming programs, I have been able to trim some
time off the very start of the files, but any other cuts end up in the wrong
place.
If I can't load AJBR files into SoundForge or Pyro, are there any other
programs that will let me cut/trim using a waveform view?
TIA,
Karl