Subject: Re: Editing files recorded on AJBR20
From: Martin Borus (
Date: 2004-02-24

Rockbox development <> schrieb am 24.02.04 05:50:06:

>> Am I missing some setting on the Archos that lets you make editable
>> recordings? Using other MP3 trimming programs, I have been able to trim some
>> time off the very start of the files, but any other cuts end up in the wrong
>> place.
>> If I can't load AJBR files into SoundForge or Pyro, are there any other
>> programs that will let me cut/trim using a waveform view?

>I tried various programs for the same purpose and finally stumbled on
>Nero Wave Editor. It's the simplest, fastest tool I've found for
>splitting, joining, editing, and cleaning up files recorded on my AJBR20.

No need to buy software (I assume you use windows):

IMO the freeware mp3directcut cannot be mentioned often enough :)
( or rockbox tools section)
- this will solve all your basic editing needs within Archos mp3
recordings without reencoding.

For more complex editing there's the free Audacity project

>Question: do you use an external mic for recording? Anybody know if the
>Archos mic would improve recordings like band rehearsals and gigs? Any
>other tips on how to get good quality recordings?

The Archos external mic is not that good - but it comes with a microphone
to line-in converter to which you can connect a proper microphone to.
You will get very good results this way.

Karl Tinsley wrote:
> Hi all,
> I use my AJBR20 to record band rehearsals and open mic shows I play at. I
> had hoped to be able to cut/trim the 2-3 hour long recordings into smaller,
> single song files using SoundForge or Cakewalk Pyro. Unfortunately, I can't
> get either of those programs to open the files. I have tried several methods
> of fixing the VBR headers, including doing it on the Archos and also on the
> PC with VBRFix, MP3studio, and others.
> TIA,
> Karl

Extra-Konto: 2,50 %* Zinsen p. a. ab dem ersten Euro! Nur hier mit 25
Euro-Tankgutschein & ExtraPramie!