Subject: Re: Fw: A little wish list for the blind

Re: Fw: A little wish list for the blind

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 21:22:17 -0700

No worries Touillaud. The only bad questions are the one's not asked? Well
maybe some are better left not asked eh? (smile)
I do all my navigating with my memory. It's no fun but right now there is
no choice. It is virtually impossible to configure rockbox using grey
matter exclusively.. I am desperate to have some kind of speech access to
rockbox. The ability to use all the great features such as power settings,
sleep timer, battery charge etc. The list goes on! There must be some kind
of comprehensive text to speech engine that could be modified to work with
rockbox. It does not need to be perfect. talkbox patch, MP3 SAPI,
anything! I can see so much potential with this firmware. It's always
better to build in accessibility at the early stages, then to do it as an
after-thought. I am beginning to ramble. Thanks to all you people who have
showed an interest in an issue that likely does not impact allot of rock
boxers. Please don't give up on us...rocker