Subject: Re: Sucky Batteries
From: Lucas (
Date: 2004-02-26

I too had pretty bad battery life when I first started using rockbox. I
realized that for me I think the problem was that my max songs in a
directory and in the playlist was set way too high and eating up my buffer
use. You might want to try setting those settings to a lower value.
"Christof Schablinski" <> wrote in message
> Alan MacDonald wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've read the battery faq, and I guess I'm gonna have to replace the
> > stock batteries that came with my JBR20. I'm only getting about 1.5
> > hours of playtime out of them, nowhere near the 6-8 hours I should be
> > getting.
> >
> > I've deep discharged and recharged fully a few times in the hope that it
> > might improve, but no joy.
> Hi,
> I had a playtime problem with my JBR20 v1 also, which turned out to be a
JBR problem (to my mind).
> After a year of using my JBR, the playtime started to degrade constantly.
After a while I realized
> that the JBR shut itself off although the battery indicator didn't show
empty batteries.
> I thought it was a battery problem. So I put in the second set of
batteries that were shipped with
> my JBR and that I haven't used so far. But this didn't solve the problem.
Then, I bought a separate
> NiMH-battery charger. This didn't solve the problem either. Then, I bought
a new set of NiMH
> batteries and charged them with my charger. The problem still didn't
> Finally my JBR broke down (No more sign of life pressing the ON-button).
After repair the playtime