Subject: Re: Who wrote the Othelo plugin?
From: David Litchman (Davel23_at_rcn.com)
Date: 2004-02-26

At 04:34 PM 2/25/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>--- David Litchman <Davel23_at_rcn.com> wrote:
> > And is he on the list? I've found something, I hesitate to call it a bug,
> > rather a misinterpretation of the rules.
>
>that would be bluechip, but are you sure is isn't a regional type thing?

Well, here's the thing. I played a game against the computer and it
reached a point where it was the computer's turn and the board was not
filled, but there were no spaces that it could place a piece in, so the
game ended. That's fine, I've played variations in which a player can skip
a turn if there's nowhere to go, but it's also not uncommon to end the game
under those circumstances. The problem was that the computer had more
pieces of its color on the board at the time the game ended so the game
awarded the win to the computer. I know it's not a big deal, but seeing
that it was my skill that maneuvered the computer into not being able to
move, I should get the win. Especially if you consider that if the
computer skipped its turn, I could still make a move.