Subject: RE: Sucky Batteries
From: Touillaud Nicolas (
Date: 2004-02-26

My 2 cents:
Using lame max quality setting (via The GodFather, see the util page on the
site), my suggestion is to downsample to 160k min and if the the source is
<=192k, otherwise compression artefacts are really audible...
When ripping a CD, lower values are not a pb since the source good.

I saved nearly 2gigas on my box downsampling my entire collection (once
again, The GodFather is a great tool).